Bringing neighbours closer
Welcome to the Interreg V-A Latvia–Lithuania Programme 2014–2020!About the programme
Please update your browser
You are using old browser version, which is not technically supported. That way some functions maybe are not available or aren't working right. Using information bellow please update or use another browser.
Free browsers - all browsers provide the same base functions and are easy to use. Choose which browser do you want to download:
Project Duration: 01.06.2020 - 31.05.2021
Project ERDF Financing: 723 256.69 EUR
Project call: 3rd call
Overall objective of the project is to increase the number of visitors and overnight stays in Programme area by developing new joint tourism offer “SUN ROUTE” that will include Sun related cultural and natural heritage objects.
Project aims at preservation, promotion and dissemination of natural and cultural heritage by activating tourist flows through one of the main elements of culture and nature – SUN – where its expression in history, nature, social and culture heritage has most developed in the municipalities of Šiauliai, Joniškis and Jelgava. SUN ROUTE will link together different tourism objects, sites and attractions having common cultural and natural heritage theme – SUN – as one joint tourism offer of the Siauliai and Zemgale regions. Project plans to create at least four season-specific sub-routes of SUN ROUTE (winter, spring, summer and autumn) as well, promoting all year round traveling and exciting journey opportunities not just in summer, but also in the tourism off-season.
Specific objectives: 1) to develop new joint tourism product- SUN ROUTE – based on joint theme – SUN – inlcuding Sun related cultural and natural heritage objects; 2) to promote new joint tourism product SUN ROUTE as attractive tourism destination for longer stays and all year-round tourism travels within the Programme area.
Outputs – to increase the number of visitors and tourists in Zemgale and Siauliai regions through creation and promotion of the joint tourism product SUN Route.
Innovative approach / benefits from cross-border cooperation:
1) SUN ROUTE – new joint tourism offer with included SUN thematic objects that demonstrates and promotes common cultural and natural heritage;
2) Interactive tourism solutions (interactive videos, 3D) allowing tourists to experience the spirit of CH through augmented reality and to attract tourists in bad weather conditions and in tourism off-season;
3) QR codes within the tourism objects of SUN ROUTE allow tourists to get information about objects through their smart phones;
4) Gaming elements in SUN ROUTE journey to improve the tourists experience and motivate to return;
5) Common heritage of Siauliai and of Zemgale regions (historical SUN LAND) will be offered to tourists through interactive and interesting stories and actions that increase their willingness to spend more days in partnering regions.
Last updated: 01.06.2020 14:06