Bringing neighbours closer
Welcome to the Interreg V-A Latvia–Lithuania Programme 2014–2020!About the programme
Please update your browser
You are using old browser version, which is not technically supported. That way some functions maybe are not available or aren't working right. Using information bellow please update or use another browser.
Free browsers - all browsers provide the same base functions and are easy to use. Choose which browser do you want to download:
Project Duration: 01.06.2020 - 31.05.2022
Project ERDF Financing: 723 256.69 EUR
Project call: 3rd call
One common road (A8) connects Jelgava, Joniškis and Šiauliai. They are part of ancient SUN LAND (Saules zeme/ Šiaulių žemė) which still keeps unique common cultural and natural heritage with high economic potential for tourism.
Objective of the project is to increase the number of visitors and overnight stays in cross-border area which links together Jelgava city, Šiauliai region and Joniškis city by developing new joint tourism offer “SUN ROUTE” with common sun theme.
SUN ROUTE will link together different tourism objects, sites and attractions having common sun theme as one joint tourism offer of Šiauliai and Zemgale regions.
Four season-specific sub-routes of SUN ROUTE will be created: winter, spring, summer and autumn, promoting all year round travel and exciting journey opportunities not just in summer, but as well in the tourism off-season.
Interactive solutions, such as interactive videos, 3D, will be used allowing tourists to experience the spirit of cultural heritage through augmented reality and to attract tourists in bad weather conditions and in tourism off-season.
QR codes will be used to allow tourists to get information about SUN ROUTE objects through their smart phones.
No news for this project!
1. Developed new joint cross-border tourism product “Sun Route”, having 4 sub-routes of each season.
2. Introduced interractive descirption of “Sun Route” and its objects linked witg QR codes for each toursim object in Jelgava, Siauliai and Joniskis.
3. Designed maps and brochures of developed joint cross-border “Sun Route”.
4. Implemented innovative ITC solution for Jelgava Holy Trinity Church Tower – panoramic city cameras, displays and IT system.
5. Introduced interractive IT solution for Joniskis tourism centre client reception zone.
6. ICT equipment – 2 personal computers for 3D virtual reality – for Siauliai tourism information centre to cimprove clients zone.
7. Restored furniture and equipment for tourists service area in Siauliai and Joniskis Tourism information centre.
8. Puchased set of 3D glasses for the virtual reality video in Joniskis.
9. Created unified image (brand) of Sun Route.
10. Organized Winter, Autumn, Spring and Summer solstice public event to promote Sun Route and sun theme.
11. Purchased mobile audio system sets for tourism guides in Jelgava, Siauliai and Joniskis.
12. Organized digital marketing activities (promotional video, media tours, TV edaverts etc.) to promote Sun Route.
13. Puchased tactile equipment – 2 tactile information terminals, 1 tactile map, tactile layout of outdoor public space – in Sialiai and Joniskis city.
14. Purchased and installed interractive stands in Jelgava (Pasta Island and Holy Trinity Church Tower) for visitors.
15. Introduced simple repair works pf Joniskis Tourism information centre.
Last updated: 10.07.2020 14:22