Bringing neighbours closer
Welcome to the Interreg V-A Latvia–Lithuania Programme 2014–2020!About the programme
Please update your browser
You are using old browser version, which is not technically supported. That way some functions maybe are not available or aren't working right. Using information bellow please update or use another browser.
Free browsers - all browsers provide the same base functions and are easy to use. Choose which browser do you want to download:
Project Duration: 01.01.2021 - 31.12.2022
Project ERDF Financing: 501627.21
Project call: 3rd call
All project partners are located next to the remarkable rivers – Koknese and Jaunjelgava in Latvia are located next to the largest Latvian river Daugava and Kaunas district in Lithuania is situated next to the longest river in Lithuania – Nemunas. Both rivers are known as important ancient trade routes.
Potential of natural water resources (rivers) for tourism purposes is not fully used in the area. There is a lack of innovative and modern ways to show glorious historical past of riverside towns, lack of common cultural events. The overall objective of the project is to boost tourism development built upon the historical, natural and cultural heritage linked to living by the rivers. Project activities will attract tourists to rivers in three ways – to offer new destinations, new attractions and new events at existing and new tourism sites, therefore attract new tourists, invite tourists who already have visited to return and to prolong their stay the area.
During the project following activities will be carried out:
1. Tours for media and tourism professionals;
2. Experience exchange of trips for entrepreneurs, tourism and culture specialists to partner sites in order to give opportunity to learn some best practise of project partners;
3. Promotional video of riverside towns Kačerginė, Zapyškis, Kulautuva, Vilkija in Lithuania and Koknese and Jaunjelgava in Latvia for potential visitors;
4. Residency of young painters in Koknese and residency of young photographers in Kačergine to attract the attention of visitors by organising expositions of created works;
5. Array of cultural events;
6. International conference about water tourism;
7. Creation of QR code system will serve as a tour guide. It will enrich walking tours in Kačerginė, Zapyškis, Kulautuva, Vilkija, Koknese and Jaunjelgava;
8. Historical research of Jaunjelgava town Obtained historical information about the period of river trade will be used for virtual reality tourism stands, tourist information point and tourism routes
9. Creation of place for boat park near Koknese castle ruins and Koknese park and construction of exhibits – examples of ancient water transportation means – a raft, a long boat, a cargo platform (struga), that will serve as open-air stage;
10. Creation of comfortable resting places on the other bank of Daugava – next to Staburags in Jaunjelgava county;
11. Construction of mineral water buvette in Kulautuva;
12. Informative stands in Latvia and info terminal in Lithuania.
Social media and contacts:
Phone: +371 65133636, +371 20499940
Address: Melioratoru iela 1, Koknese, Kokneses pagasts, Kokneses novads, LV-5113
No news for this project!
Increase of expected number of visits to supported sites of cultural and natural heritage and attractions – 9000 visitors.
Last updated: 30.07.2021 13:53